If you haven’t noticed, I really like avocados. I think almost everything I make has to involve an avocado somehow. If you don’t like avocados, sorry! There’s this amazing food truck in Austin that serves the best fried avocado taco. It’s served on a corn tortilla with beans, pico de gallo, lettuce, cheese and some super addictive green sauce. It’s so not paleo, but I can’t resist when I’m in Austin. I really wanted to attempt fried avocado and I must say it was a huge success. If you’re missing a crunchy and creamy element in your salads or need a new side item, fried avocado will do the trick. I drizzled mine with my avocado cilantro crema and ate it with a fork…yes, I ate avocados with more avocados drizzled on top. I might need help. 😉
Paleo Fried Avocado
Makes 4 servings
1 large Haas avocado
1/2 cup coconut flour
1/4 tsp salt
1 egg, whisked in a bowl
4 tbsp coconut oil
1. Cut the avocado in half, remove the pit and carefully remove the skin. Slice each piece in half lengthwise. You should now have four slices of avocado.
2. On a plate, add coconut flour and salt.
3. Add coconut oil to a pan and heat on medium.
4. Dip each slice of avocado into the egg and then coat with coconut flour and salt.
5. Carefully place slices in the oil and cook on all sides for about 2 minutes each until flour looks golden brown.
6. Serve warm.