I can’t believe we’re already in June and Father’s Day and Fourth of July are just around the corner! I’m so excited to share the perfect ribs recipe for any summer holiday. I must admit, this is my husband’s recipe for ribs and I absolutely love it when he makes them. These fall off the bone ribs are so juicy and tender with the perfect amount of sweet and spicy flavors, there is no need for bbq sauce. These ribs will fool anyone into thinking you spent hours marinating the meat and barbecuing outside on the grill. We like to eat ours with a side of baked sweet potatoes, roasted broccoli, salad or coleslaw. Enjoy!!
Oven Baked St. Louis Style Ribs
Makes about 8 servings
Rack of St. Louis style pork ribs (about 4 lbs)
4 tbsp organic coconut sugar
4 tbsp coarsely ground black pepper
3 tbsp sea salt
1. Preheat the oven to 300 degrees and line a baking sheet with 2 pieces of foil (shiny side facing up).
2. Peel off the tough membrane that is on the bony side of the ribs.
3. Combine sugar, pepper and salt in a bowl. Apply seasoning mixture to each side of the ribs.
4. Lay ribs meat side down on foil lined baking sheet and cover completely with 2 pieces of foil (shiny side facing down). Crimp the edges of the foil tightly around the ribs.
5. Place in oven and cook for 2 hours and 45 minutes.
6. Remove from oven and turn oven setting to broil.
7. Remove foil and ribs from baking sheet and cut ribs into your desired serving size (about 2 ribs per serving).
8. Line baking sheet with a clean piece of foil and transfer the ribs back to the baking sheet.
9. Broil in oven for 3 minutes. Remove ribs from oven, carefully turn them over and repeat on other side. Ribs should be slightly crispy on the outside and tender on the inside when done.