So this Texas weather is insane. Yesterday we were in the 80s and wearing shorts and today we’re expecting cold rain and temperatures dropping into the 30s. I love Texas. On mornings like this, I love to have a hot cup of café con leche. Café con leche is basically equal parts coffee and milk, much like café au lait. There is something magical about coffee with hot milk and a touch of cinnamon.
Café Con Leche
Makes 2 cups
2-3 tbsp fresh ground strong coffee or espresso beans
2 cups water
1 1/2 cups almond milk
1/4 tsp vanilla
Pinch of ground cinnamon
1 tsp raw honey or other sweetener (optional)
1. Heat almond milk and vanilla on medium heat in a saucepan and bring to a boil.
2. While milk is heating, brew coffee in a regular coffee maker or using a French press.
3. Once milk has come to boil, turn off heat and stir in raw honey.
4. Carefully pour brewed coffee into the milk and stir to combine.
5. Ladle coffee into a mug and top with ground cinnamon.