I love breakfast. I also love not having to cook breakfast every morning, especially on the days I’m running late for work or want to sleep in a bit longer. Frittatas are the perfect thing to make on a Sunday and have for the whole week. This frittata was made with random ingredients in my refrigerator and came out awesome! I used my new cast iron skillet I got for Christmas and it was such an easy transition from the stovetop to the oven.
10 pastured eggs
8 ounces of pork chorizo (casing off)
1/2 green bell pepper, diced (seeds removed)
3/4 cup cilantro, chopped
1/2 small onion, diced
1/2 tomato, diced
3/4 tsp sea salt
1/2 tsp black pepper
1. Preheat oven to 350°F.
2. Whisk the eggs and add in the salt and pepper. Set aside.
3. In a large cast iron skillet, cook the chorizo for about 2 minutes on medium heat until it is nice and crumbly.
4. Throw in the onions and cook for another 2 minutes or until onions start to become translucent.
5. Stir in the bell pepper and 1/2 cup cilantro and cook for another 2 minutes.
6. Pour the eggs into the skillet and turn the heat off.
7. Add diced tomato on top and the rest of the cilantro.
8. Bake for 20 minutes and remove from oven to cool.
Once frittata is cooled, cut slices right out of the skillet or use a spatula and move to a large plate and slice. I keep mine in the fridge for a week for a delicious breakfast every morning. Enjoy!